Backend Developer (Node.js, GoLang or PHP) – Hotel Quickly App Limited
Backend Developer (Node.js, GoLang or PHP)
Hotel Quickly App Limited
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001417637
HotelQuickly (HQ) is Asia’s #1 mobile app for last-minute hotel booking. The app offers users a streamlined, swift and elegant tool for booking on the go, with room rates lower than anywhere online. Founded by an experienced team of serial entrepreneurs and investors, the company launched in March 2013. Today, HotelQuickly’s booking network extends to 16 Asia-Pacific countries and over 300 destinations across the region.
We are looking for a driven and analytical Back-End Developer who wants a key role in a fast growing company operating in Bangkok. As a Back-End Developer you’ll have a significant influence on the company’s technical platforms and work with cutting-edge technology to build applications that will be used by of thousands of customers across the Asia Pacific region.
- You’ve built several projects and our initial assignments during the interview process will be a walk in a park for you ;-).
- Hopefully you’ll have some published code (in any language, ideally on GitHub) that we can take a look at.
- Honestly, we don’t really care about your level of formal education, math skill, and so on. We want to see that you know the shit.
- You want to be a part of a team creating a world-class application and creatively contribute to ongoing development.
- We mainly work in Nodej.js, GoLang and PHP. You should know well at least one of these and be willing to learn the others.
The job and the challenges
We expect you to take ownership of some of our microservices (we have dozens of microservices at the moment). That means you should be doing the following:
- Watching trends and best practices in Node.js, GoLang or PHP development
- Reading blogs and compiling ideas how to improve our backend systems
- Participates in all phases of the development life cycle, focusing on coding, testing, and monitoring
- Getting feedback about the system from our staff and making sure it’s implemented
- Able to quickly implement new things requested by business / sales
- Able to work in a team with other Backend developers
- Critically think about the systems as whole, identify bottlenecks and propose solutions
On a more technical note, you need to know how to handle the entire software development life cycle, start to end. So you should be familiar with the following areas:
- Transforming business requirements to technical specification
- Independently develop and test your code
- Deploy to production system
- Monitor and analyse post-deployment metrics
- You’ll be working in our office in Bangkok, directly with all the other engineers and the tech co-founder. We have a beautiful office here full of snacks, sodas and beer.
- You’ll be responsible for the systems, its operations and maintenance.
- You’ll be able to use the newest technologies and gain lots of travel-related know-how.
- We’ve got lots of fun at the office, check out what people say in the video below:
We communicate over Slack. Sometimes even when we sit next to each other 😉 to not disturb each other when we’re in the zone. In Slack, each topic or project has its own room and we use mentions to notify when there’s something important.
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Full time
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Hotel Quickly App Limited
About Hotel Quickly App Limited
HotelQuickly (HQ) is Asia’s #1 mobile app for same-day hotel booking – with great last-minute discounts. The company was set up by experienced international team comprising of serial entrepreneurs and investors. Offers are managed by hotels, enabling real-time capacity optimization. HQ launched across Asia in March 2013 with presence in 16 countries and 300 destinations, from Bali to Brisbane. The app can be used in any of eight available languages.and has received some great initial attention by the press.