No products in the cart.
Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
jobsDB ref: JTH300003001274915
- Data Science team leader to design, develop and implement new analytics techniques and execute on big data projects through partnership with Engineering & IT teams
- Engage in cross-functional, big data analytics projects for the head components group, leveraging statistical, machine learning and/or visual analytics capabilities, to accelerate data to action lifecycle in large scale production environment
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data collection, model development and validation (machine learning), and implementation with diverse, large product testing data outputs.
- Lead effort on establishing Data Science best practices and advanced analytics training for the broader engineering community.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in a relevant technical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, etc.), or 8+ years’ experience in an Applied Analytics or Data Science role
- Strong knowledge of data mining algorithms, predictive modelling, machine learning, and other computational methods.
- Comfortable with retrieving, manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources, including but not limited to, MPP DBs, Hadoop (and associated tools), RDBMS, and flat files.
- Experience in working with large structured and unstructured data sets; experience working with Hadoop/YARN environment a plus
- Extensive experience with statistical analysis software e.g. JMP, SAS, Python, Matlab, SPSS, and/or R
- Ability to independently execute large projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience with complex problem solving, critical thinking and decision making.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate statistical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Background in HDD Storage or Semiconductor Manufacturing environment is a strong plus!
- Operations Research experience is a plus!
- Experience in Lean Startup Methodology, Agile and/or Design Thinking is a plus!
jobsDB will send your application for review directly to Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
About Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
The power of data is undeniable—creating a world that’s more predictive, more productive and more personal, enabling smarter decisions, breakthrough discoveries and deeper connections. At Western Digital, we believe in the promise of data. We’re redefining how the world keeps and leverages data. We power the technology and develop the solutions that transform the possibilities of data into reality. At every step, we innovate with purpose to deliver the possibilities of data.
Western Digital is the world’s largest data storage solutions provider. Our innovative storage solutions that provide customers with high capacity, flexibility and speed are at the heart of many of the world’s largest data centers, and embedded in advanced smartphones, tablets, and PCs. Our consumer products are available at hundreds of thousands of retail stores worldwide. Whether marketed under the WD, HGST or SanDisk brands, our storage solutions power the markets and companies that shape our lives—enabling possibilities for the cloud, enterprise and sophisticated infrastructures everywhere.
Western Digital employs more than 70,000 people in locations worldwide, designing, developing, manufacturing and marketing our solutions for the data-driven world.
With headquarters in Irvine, California, Western Digital was established in 1970. The company’s Thailand organization, Western Digital (Thailand) Co., Ltd, consists of two operations: its Hard Disk Drive Operations located in Pathumthani, Ayutthaya and Prachinburi provinces and its Magnetic Head Operations in Ayutthaya. Thailand is Western Digital’s largest manufacturing base, where the company employs more than 1,500 engineers and scientists, and over 28,000 workers in aggregate. Western Digital is committed to providing customers with reliable, high-performance storage products and superior support and services.