CompareHero.com.my is a leading financial online comparison platform for Banking and Telco products in Malaysia. The company is part of CompareAsiaGroup, Asia’s leading financial management platform for Banking, Insurance, and Telco products.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, CompareAsiaGroup is active in a total of seven Asian markets including Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, the Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand. The Group has established relationships with over 100 leading financial institutions and employs more than 150 people across its markets. CompareAsiaGroup is backed by leading investors including IFC, Goldman Sachs, Alibaba Entrepreneurs Fund, SBI Group, ACE & Company, H&Q Asia Pacific and Nova Founders Capital.
Ever wondered how it's like in the world of 'Start-ups'? Had the itch to bring a company to the 'next level'? What about associating yourself with an established 'Fintech' startup, which is backed by world-renowned investors. Join one of the fastest growing, young enterprises in Asia as we revolutionize the financial industry through technology.
The Finance & Operations Manager role is one of the most important and exciting at CompareHero.my – you effectively oversee all financial, HR and legal aspects of the business and need an array of skills – strategic, operational, analytical, commercial, creativity – and a great cultural fit: team player, innovator, resilient under pressure, and ready to grow faster.
You will report directly to the Country Manager.
- General accounting and treasury management functions
- Audit, Tax and Statutory Compliance
- Financial Analyses to Support Management Decisions
- Preparation of financial statements and management reporting packages
- Liaise with banks, auditors and regulatory agencies
- Perform HR functions including but not limited to hiring, retention, offboarding, performance reviews, contract administration, payroll review and related statutory compliance with relevant government agencies and functionalities
- Assist on the legal matters
- Perform ad-hoc administrative support functions / office management tasks
- You have a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in accounting, audit or finance functions at a top-tier accounting firm
- You are knowledgeable of local tax rules and statutory reporting requirements
- You have strong knowledge of excel and finance/accounting software
- You are analytical, quantitative, systematic and organized
- You are fluent in English both oral and written
- You have a CA or CPA
- You have experience working with Xero business accounting software
- You are eager to work in a highly dynamic and…