Full Stack Software Engineer – DevOps focus – Bangkok – Big Wednesday Digital
Big Wednesday Digital
Working for one of Thailand’s most successful internet company based in Bangkok, you will be part of a global workforce of 3000+.
Full Stack Software Engineer – DevOps focus – Bangkok
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001432989
Employer Ref. 17TA14G008P02
We’re not just talking about the location; as Asia’s fastest growing online hotel booking platform and the biggest pure Tech company in Thailand, you’ll use every last ounce of your engineering talent if you join up with our client!
We’re looking for Full Stack Developers with a passion for DevOps, build and deployment. If you’re a Developer who likes to manage their own deployments you will really enjoy working here. Our client is looking to build their capabilities in this area and need your help.
In essence you’ll be responsible for the complete scope, design, build and testing of products and features for one of Asia’s fastest growing e-commerce websites. As a part of the .net Engineering team, you will be exposed to numerous innovative technologies in the fields of data-processing, big data, efficient data storage structures, recommend systems / machine learning, natural language processing, and many more. Whichever technology they work with, it must operate at the performance needs of a hyper-scale infrastructure operating at thousands of requests per second.
You’ll be involved in the technical stuff, coding, hands-on but also working with design patterns, complex solutions design, implementation, devops, deployment, testing and much more. They’re highly scalable and performance driven in our approach and our website is a best in class ecommerce solution that is highly user-centric and customer driven.
The team structures are pretty flat so when our client says that they’re a big company operating as a start-up, they mean it. You’ll need bags of initiative, but you’ll also have experience of building for scalability, reliability and performance. A full-stack developer knows what’s under the bonnet, and you’re no different.
You may well have worked on a raft of different projects before but you’ll have the same enquiring mind and hunger for knowledge and to make things better for the end user.
- You have Architect-level expertise in solution design but also love to code!
- ‘Hands-on’ DevOps expertise is highly desirable e.g. AWS, Amazon Route 53, Cloud Formation, elastic beanstalk, Azure, terraform, octopus, infrastructure as code or others
- You’re a master in either C# .net , Java or other OOP language
- You have a deep level of Engineering experience through the stack and have touched on many elements that translate well to full e-commerce software architecture
- You take full ownership of whatever you’re building, and see it through to completion
- You’re confident in your ability…
- And passionate about your work (but not afraid to let others in to help too)
- Your expertise spans the full SDLC thru’ concept, design, build, test (automation if poss) and deployment
- Your natural Engineering-mindset considers problem, solution and alternative in equal measure
- The end user is at the heart of what you do, as is the commercial value to Agoda
- You have a progressive outlook – TDD, BDD, Agile are second nature to you
- You love working in a Change environment with fewer formal processes
- Your experience will certainly be strong in backend Engineering primarily, ideally with decent frontend expertise to help things along
- Able and willing to test your own work and create automated tests along the way
- Business-level English language skills both written and spoken
This exciting opportunity is full-time, permanent based in Bangkok, Thailand!
With relocation support and visa sponsorship available we’ve got you covered, leaving you free to look forward to an amazing new experience! Please send through your CV now!