No products in the cart.
Job title: Deputy Program Manager – Bangkok, Thailand
Company: Tetra Tech
Organization : Tetra Tech
Deputy Program Manager – Bangkok, Thailand
Tetra Tech, ES Inc., a subsidiary of Tetra Tech, dedicated to international development and to improving the energy sector of developing economies, is the implementer of the USAID Southeast Asia EDGE Hub program. The Deputy Program Manager will support the Program Manager in fulfilling his/her responsibilities, including, ensuring human resource objectives are met through recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; enforcing policies and procedures; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining system improvements; and implementing change.
- Work closely with the technical staff and Program Manager (PM) to achieve defined project results, produce deliverables on schedule, and build successful partnerships with stakeholders, counterparts and the donor community
- Assist the PM with day-to-day project management and quality control support to improve the overall responsiveness to USAID
- Manage the preparation and production of the project’s progress reports, workplans and other contractual deliverables
- Supervise the project’s crosscutting staff and related activities including training, monitoring and evaluation, communications, gender integration, and environmental compliance
- Assist the PM and home office staff on work-planning, activity design, scheduling and implementation, drafting technical justifications for USAID approvals, reporting and budgeting
- Coordinate with the home office on the sourcing, recruiting, hiring, and deployment and onboarding of staff, consultants and subcontractors
- Maintain and update the project budget to mitigate cost overruns
- Manage all operational aspects of the program, including financial, administrative, communications, contracts and human resources personnel in consultation with the PM
- Supervise administrative staff and oversee the recruitment, hiring and onboarding process in coordination with the home office
- Develop and maintain manuals based on corporate policies such as the operations, employee manual and emergency response plan
- Provide reports to the home office on estimated costs to complete the program, potential risks to successful implementation, and monthly accrual reports
- Review program office bank records for accuracy and compliance with the US Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), USAID regulations and home office guidelines
- Liaise with USAID to resolve invoicing, contractual, and operational issues
- Participate in and respond to the US government during audits and financial reviews
- Address complex international tax and VAT filing issues
- Ensure that program deliverables are submitted to the Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC), per the contract’s requirements
- Ensure the program’s compliance with USAID regulations and the firm’s corporate policies
- Serve as an acting Program Manager (PM) in the absence of the PM
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience in management and the energy sector
- At least 3 years of experience working in Asia, preferably Southeast Asia and 3 years of experience working with the U.S. Government, preferably USAID.
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in the energy field, including engineering, policy, legal, finance, economics, and/or other related field. A Master’s degree strongly preferred.
- Supervisory experience in the international development industry, specifically with long-term field staff and short-term U.S., third country, and local experts
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior national and local government officials, the private sector and civil society
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation and change management principles
- A proven record of excellent leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Excellent leadership skills including strategic thinking, decision-making, oral and written communications, ability to motivate and collaborate with others to achieve team goals
- Fluency in English is required with excellent writing and presentation skills
- Native level fluency in written and spoken Thai is required.
- The ability to legally work in Thailand is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech offers competitive salary and fringe benefits.
All submissions and enquiries shall be sent by e-mail to Mark Dunn, Program Manager – Southeast Asia EDGE Hub at .
Contact : [email protected]
Job date: Sat, 09 May 2020 04:53:00 GMT