No products in the cart.
Job title: Fundraising Specialist (Telemarketing and Mobile), P3, Private Fundraising and Partnerships (PFP),Bangkok, EAPRO post
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
Asia and Pacific is a vibrant and diverse region with fast developing fundraising markets. It is also home to key strategic UNICEF private sector fundraising offices where individual giving income is growing rapidly and significant potential for further growth has been identified. Telephone and mobile channels are vital to unlocking the full potential of donor acquisition and retention programs in countries where new technology in these areas are developing fast.
The position is based in Bangkok and part of the Global Individual Giving Team and East Asia and Pacific Regional Private Fundraising and Partnerships Support Centre. It is part of an outposted regional individual giving team whose remit is to support the development of Country Offices and National Committees across Asia and Pacific and enable them to deliver on their private sector fundraising plans
For every child, Hope
Supervised by the Regional Fundraising Specialist (Individual Giving) in Bangkok and working closely with the Global Fundraising Specialist for Telemarketing and Mobile in Geneva, the incumbent will be the focal point for the development of UNICEF’s Telemarketing and Mobile fundraising programs across the Asia and Pacific Region. The incumbent will work closely with fundraising teams in the Country Offices and National Committees across the region in order to drive individual giving income. The primary focus will be on pledge (regular giving) income although the role also supports cash and legacy fundraising strategies.
The purpose of the role is to provide technical fundraising expertise and guidance on recruiting and managing donors using telephone and mobile channels and maximizing long term support and donation value from the existing donor files. The incumbent must contribute expertise and add value to the many telephone campaigns including outbound donor acquisition, conversion of leads and cash donors to pledge and inbound calls as a response mechanism to offline media such as direct response television or direct mail. In close collaboration with the Digital and Digital Delivery Teams, the role will also explore, define and develop the place of mobile in our fundraising campaigns, including the use of SMS, mobile payments and messaging and ensure capture of good practices and global learnings. In addition, the role is tasked with supporting the delivery of exceptional donor service across all inbound channels and driving a high quality supporter experience.
How can you make a difference?
Under the supervision of the Regional Individual Giving Specialist and guidance of the Global Fundraising Specialist for Telemarketing and Mobile in Geneva, the incumbent will perform the following duties:
Development and delivery of telephone and mobile fundraising plans across the region
- Work closely with fundraising teams in the region and coach, develop, support and advise on telephone and mobile fundraising plans and activities
- Work closely with the wider Global Individual Giving Team to ensure regional and national telephone and mobile plans are aligned with global individual giving and telephone fundraising strategies and that global best practice is tested and implemented
- Work across individual giving and digital teams to ensure that telephone and mobile are facilitating and optimizing fundraising across acquisition, retention and value maximization The role will assist legacy teams where relevant
Regular, ongoing technical market support to Country Offices and National Committees
- Support the development and execution of tests within the region to further drive optimization and diversification using telephone and mobile channels
- Undertake regular market visits to deliver tailored support across the region, varying in length from a few days to several weeks
- Provide remote support and guidance to markets in the region including via regular and ad-hoc calls and video conferencing
- Work to fill any resource gaps within individual countries, either by providing direct support or by assisting in the recruitment and procurement of additional support where appropriate
Produce, coordinate and deliver high quality knowledge sharing opportunities
- Work with key national telephone fundraising staff to deliver high quality training to both agencies and UNICEF in-house fundraising teams that focus on best-in-class practices
- Support the Global Telemarketing and Mobile Specialist with the development of suitable case studies and dissemination of best practice across the global network.
- Organize and coordinate telephone and mobile fundraising webinars and workshops with key speakers from across the organization
Provision of data driven insights to grow and optimize telephone and mobile channels
- Enable offices to understand and focus on the key performance indicators for telephone and mobile fundraising and ensure agencies and in-house teams are reporting on these clearly, regularly and accurately
- Support offices in drawing insights from and acting upon global, regional and national performance data and analysis
- Collect and regularly monitor key performance indicators on a regional level in order to compare results, identify best-in-class performance and identify trends
Support market growth by harnessing the potential of new opportunities in telephone and mobile channels
- Alongside the Digital and Digital Delivery teams and the Global Telemarketing and Mobile Specialist, understand the mobile fundraising opportunities in the region and develop mobile fundraising strategies that capitalize on these
- Build relationships with owners and senior managers in telephone and mobile fundraising agencies in order to help UNICEF offices maximize the value of these partnerships
- Work with regional and national procurement teams to facilitate the engagement and development of new external telemarketing and mobile capacity across the region
Other duties as required
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- An advanced University degree in one of the following fields is required: Marketing, Social Science, Communication, Fundraising, Business Administration, or another relevant technical field.
- A first level university degree in a relevant field combined with 7 years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- A minimum of 5 years’ hands-on experience of telephone fundraising, including: Managing teams, budgeting, recruitment and selection of telephone fundraisers, planning and delivery of telemarketing training, planning and management of telephone fundraising programs
- Experience of preparing materials & scripts, analyzing and reporting on telephone fundraising results including long term attrition; quality control and risk management
- Knowledge of mobile fundraising, including P/SMS, platforms and other ways of engaging via mobile
- Experience of negotiating contracts and enforcing contractual terms with telemarketing agencies, preferably across diverse markets
- Experience of working in multiple markets with telephone or mobile responsibilities within the scope of work
- Experience of both agency and in-house telemarketing campaigns would be an advantage
- Knowledge of telephone and mobile trends across multiple markets
- Experience of other pledge fundraising would be an advantage
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish) would be an asset.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA) and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
- Communication (III)
- Working with People (II)
- Drive for Results (III)
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Relating and Networking (II)
- Persuading and Influencing (III)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Entrepreneurial Thinking (II)
View our competency framework at
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Advertised: 30 Apr 2020 SE Asia Standard Time
Applications close: 25 May 2020 11:55 PM SE Asia Standard Time
Job date: Sat, 02 May 2020 07:54:32 GMT
Apply for the job now!