No products in the cart.
Give2Asia is a US public charity that promotes and facilitates philanthropy to Asia. Our mission is to strengthen communities in Asia by making overseas giving easier and more effective. Since 2001, Give2Asia has facilitated more than $350 million of charitable grants across 23 countries. We are based in Oakland, California with offices in Beijing and in-country experts across the Asia-Pacific region.
About the Position
Give2Asia is seeking a talented Country Advisor in Thailand to work with the members of the Give2Asia team on their program development and grantmaking goals. This is a part-time, hourly position, and the Country Advisor must be prepared for the fluctuations in the workload depending on the demand and necessity of the assigned tasks. This job does not require supervision responsibilities.
- Facilitating the due diligence process for new and prospective grantees as well as existing grantees needing renewals, review due diligence documents that are submitted, and advise Give2Asia as to whether the organization should be considered for Give2Asia grants.
- Assisting with the review of new proposals and budgets, including ensuring timely receipt of proposals and budgets from grantees; reviewing documents to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; and communicating with the grantee to verify or clarify information.
- Facilitating grants administration for all grants in Thailand.
- Assisting with grant monitoring and reporting, including: conducting mid-point telephone check-ins with grantees; grantee site visits, when necessary; advising Give2Asia on the performance of the grantee; ensuring timely receipt of reports from grantees; reviewing all grantee reports to ensure they are complete and in compliance with Give2Asia standards; forwarding reports to the US staff; and communicating with grantee to clarify information in reports, when necessary.
- Translating grantee documents when needed.
- Assisting with other activities related to liaising with grantees or providing high quality stewardship to donors, as requested.
- Researching and identifying new projects and partners, and conducting needs assessments or other special research, as requested.
- Assisting donors and Asia-based representatives of donors on-site in Thailand as requested.
- Supporting Give2Asia’s Fiscal Sponsorship program by expanding the partner network, including developing a robust pipeline of potential partners.
- Raising Give2Asia’s visibility and expanding Give2Asia’s local network in Thailand.
- Respond to other requests for assistance from Give2Asia staff on a timely manner.
The Country Advisor will be creative and entrepreneurial with the following experience and qualifications, or their equivalent:
· Minimum 5 years of professional experience, with significant program experience in the nonprofit and social impact sector
· Minimum 3 years of experience of international grantmaking.
· Proven professional experience engaging with key stakeholders including, national and community-based NGOs, international donors, and nonprofit boards
· Extensive network and knowledge of the social sector
· Outstanding communications skills in English; a history of communicating effectively and persuasively in both large and small groups; excellent writing and public speaking skills for both formal and extemporaneous presentations,
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in remote and diverse cultural settings;
· Knowledge or experience with CSR and philanthropy in Thailand is a plus;
· An interest in building a platform for effective philanthropy in Asia and enthusiastic about the mission, services and impact of Give2Asia
How to Apply
Please use the link below to submit a resume and cover letter.