No products in the cart.
We’re looking for an experienced network engineer to join us. This position can be part time, or potentially even project-based.
VLoss is a startup developing a global reverse proxy caching network based on Nginx and Varnish for WordPress users.
Desired Skills, Experience and Requirements:
- 1 – 2 years of project experience in network administration
- Understanding of MySQL, Apache, and Linux
- Capable of writing custom rules for Nginx, Varnish and load balancing nodes on Gcloud, Rackspace and AWS platform
- Understanding and experience with WordPress Codex
- Experience with Cloudflare API, and/or reverse proxy caching is highly desirable
- Ability to set realistic deadlines and deliver products on time
- Demonstrates open, honest communication and a positive attitude
Strategy & Planning:
- In partnership with the company’s founders, identify opportunities and risks for delivering the company’s services as a web-based business, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including mobile/web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company’s services.
Implementation & Deployment:
- Establish architecture for platform re-build in such a way that stability, loading-speed and scalability are secure during scaling and adding of new markets.
- Collaborate with product team to continuously improve the application.
Benefits & Additional Information
Depending on experience
Let us know what you’re looking for. Make sure you respond with the details of your experience.
- Designing a reverse proxy caching network for our company, and as a product for our customers
- Integrates third-party APIs
- Interacts with team members and internal clients to assess present and future needs of new projects.