No products in the cart.
Job title: Program Assistant (Bangkok-based)
Company: Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
Job description: Organization : Development Alternatives, Inc. (DAI)
Program Assistant (Bangkok-based)
About Working at DAI
is an international development company headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Since 1970, DAI has worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
DAI employs over 3,000 people in more than 100 countries worldwide, combining expertise and innovation across multiple technical sectors to deliver long-lasting results.
DAI’s mission is to make a lasting difference in the world by helping people improve their lives. We envision a world in which communities and societies become more prosperous, fairer and better governed, safer, healthier, and environmentally more sustainable.
This role will be based in Bangkok at our office in WeWork (T-One Building on Sukhumvit Soi 40).
As Program Assistant, you will be part of an exciting new project at DAI called the Digital Asia Accelerator. The Digital Asia Accelerator is a three-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development. The project aims to improve and increase society’s and small businesses’ ability to use digital technology in Southeast Asia and Mongolia. We do this by designing and implementing cybersecurity and digital literacy Activities. Examples of Activities include awareness raising campaigns, trainings and innovation challenges.
The objective of the Program Assistant will be to support DAA’s Program Managers in operations, office management and other administrative support to the project. This role will report to the Project Director.
We are looking for a highly competent, organized and proactive Program Assistant to work collaboratively with our team. The candidate must be a quick learner and work in a systematic and logical manner. Given that this is a new project, the role may evolve over time and the candidate must be open to new challenges and responsibilities.
Digital technology activity assistance:
- Support Program Managers in developing activities
- Support researching, analyzing, data visualizing and developing digital needs assessments of small businesses and civil society (develop fact base, identify key stakeholders and key digital ecosystems constraints)
- Support concept notes drafting and scopes of work for project activities
- Support overseeing the development of project reports, annual work plans and other documents as required by USAID and State Dept
- Prepare for materials for strategic discussions with private sector partners, USAID and State Dept
- Facilitate knowledge management, communications and information flow for the project
- Represent DAA and overall program interests at local, national and regional meetings, workshops and conferences as needed
- Support the Project Director and Program Managers in daily management of the project
General Operations and Administration
- Liaise with DAI HQ and DAI Thailand on issues related to administration and resolve problems as they arise
- Maintain communication with DAI’s home office staff on administrative and operational aspects of the project
- Manage physical office space, liaise with WeWork administration, order and manage office supplies and staff needs, and coordinate meeting room reservations and tracking
- Assist in recruitment efforts
- Provide note-taking at key meetings, data collection for Activity reports, and other administrative support as needed to project activities
- 1+ years of relevant experience in administration and activity development
- Fresh graduate is encouraged to apply
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Development or any related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong English skills
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly adaptable in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a small, fast-paced, cross-functional team
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Experience with a USAID implementing partner or international donor (e.g. AusAID) implementing partner is a plus
- Must be a Thai National
To apply, please email your CV to