Project Assistant ? LECB and TNC-BUR – Bangkok

  • Anywhere

Application Deadline: 7 July 2013

Link to original:  

Frequently Asked Questions

Does UNDP offer any assistance to find employment for my spouse in the country where I will be working?

We very much appreciate that the career of one spouse may be interrupted with the relocation of another. While we do not have a formal program of spouse employment assistance, we encourage new staff to let the UNDP Country Office in the location of assignment know of their interest in finding suitable employment for their spouse.

Do I have to pay income taxes on the salary I earn?

Your UN income is free of all federal, state and local income tax. If you are a US citizen or permanent resident (“green card” holder”), you will be required to report your income each year and make quarterly payments of estimated taxes. However, as more fully described in a circular published by the UN Tax unit, the UN will cover your quarterly tax payments by issuing checks in your name to the IRS and to the appropriate state taxing authorities.

Project Assistant ? LECB and TNC-BUR – Bangkok

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.