|The 11th National Economic and Social Development Plan (2012-2016) sets a vision in moving Thailand towards a low carbon and climate resilient society as one of its 6 development pillars. This marks the first time that climate change issues have become an explicit goal on the national development agenda. To achieve this goal requires that Thailand’s key relevant policies and plans are consistent with these objectives and that public financing is aligned to those policies.Building on the recommendations from the Climate Public Expenditures and Institutional Review (CPEIR) conducted in 2012, this project therefore aims to support Thailand in strengthening its institutional capacity to link a coordinated and coherent green growth and climate change policy with its budgetary allocations and to report and measure over time the effectiveness of those policies and expenditures. Further, this work will promote sharing of knowledge across countries to help identify and support innovation at the regional level in linking climate policy and public finance and accessing international climate finance.This 3-year project (2013-2015) is supported by Swedish International Development Agency and UNDP, with the budget of USD 550, 275. |
Duties and Responsibilities
|Key Function: Assist the Project Manager in day-to-day project management and monitoring, support project manager and project teams for implementation, and liaise with other counterparts for the flow of work.1) Support for Planning Process through the following tasks and duties:|
- Collection, analysis and presentation of information for joint planning meeting, quarterly work plans, and budget work plans to support project implementation.
- Prepare information for Project Manager for his/her advice to donor, implementing partners and UNDP.
- Creating project in Atlas, prepare budget revisions, revision of project status, determination of unutilized funds.
- Prepare and regularly update the Annual Workplan and the project budget.
- Undertake project operational and financial closure formalities including submission of terminal reports, transfer and disposal of equipment, processing of semi-final and final revision and support project manager in preparing the terminal assessment reports.
2) Supports to Implementing and Managing Projects through the following tasks and duties:
- Providing administrative, operational and logistical supports for the achievement of the outcomes of both projects in a timely manner.
- Support NEX project implementation activities according to UNDP workflows (including IC process, organization of forums, workshops, travel, etc)
- Taking all necessary steps for the contractual procedures for the procurement of the goods and services as well as Individual Contracts are taken place in line with UNDP’s rules and regulations.
- Proving input on the terms of references for the services and goods that will be required for the smooth implementation of the project when required.
- Controlling the expenditures of the projects and ensure adequate management of the financial resources provided.
- Creation of requisitions in ATLAS for development projects, register of goods receipts in ATLAS.
- Issuing the project-related payments and ensuring that all payments are proceeded in a timely manner in line with the UNDP’s financial rules and regulations.
- Preparing financial reports to be submitted to project management and donor when required.
- Participating workshops, meeting, missions in the projects’ field when needed.
- Preparing correspondences relating to the implementation of the projects.
- Making logistical arrangements for the missions of the project team, consultants and any other relevant actors to the projects’ field.
- Making project-related translations when needed.
3) Support to Monitoring and Evaluation of the project through the following tasks and duties:
- Prepare information for Project Manager in finalizing project progress reports (quarterly and annual/financial and substantive) and final project report.
- Support to the organation of project mid-term review and final evalution meetings.
4) Reporting and Audit:
- Establish and maintain a systematic filing system of key documents (in hard copy and soft copy) in line with audit requirements;
- Assist Project Manager in closing projects operationally and financially in accordance of rules and regulations of UNDP and in close coordination with Implementing agencies;
- Liaise with UNDP on the conduct of project audit and ensure access by auditors to project documentation, personnel and institutions involved in the project;
- Presentation of information for project audit.
- Demonstrates commitment to UNDP’s mission, vision and values
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promote the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills
Development and Operational Effectiveness
- Good knowledge of the Results Management
- Good IT skills
- Ability to implement new systems and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change
Management and Leadership
- Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedbacks.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive and constructive attitude.
- Remain calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Ability to provide guidance and leadership to partners and project staff as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Thai national with Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Economics, Political Sciences and Social Sciences or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative or office support functions in an organization
- At least 3 years of specific experience in project management and/or government institutions.
- Fluency in the local language for day-to-day business contacts both within and outside organization
- Good knowledge of English for daily contact and dialogue with the supervisor and/or other foreign professional staff in the office in the course of performing official duties, including response to queries, and to possess sound comprehension in English language drafts and documents
- Experience in UN-related projects is an advantage
- Experience in organizing events involving international participants (i.e. workshops, meetings, etc) would be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database packages and web browsers. Knowledge of UNDP ATLAS financial system would be an advantage.
- Good organization, administrative and communication skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines. Flexible working attitude and good team spirit
- Familiarity of UNDP system, rules and procedures is an advantage.
- Excellent command of writing and speaking Thai and English.