Penguin Random House
Learn about the world of publishing! Discover career opportunities! Penguin Random House offers paid internship opportunities during the Spring, Summer, and Fall in various business areas such as contracts, editorial, finance, graphic design, managing editorial, marketing, online marketing, production, publicity, sales, subsidiary rights, and operations. Internship opportunities are available in our adult, children’s, and corporate […]
Kodansha Comics is seeking an intern for the Spring. The successful candidate will perform diverse tasks spanning editorial, production, publicity, and marketing, giving the intern a chance to become familiar with every aspect of how an American manga publisher operates. As the primary role will involve either proofreading or design, the candidate will need to be extremely detail-oriented, and prior experience with writing, editing, proofreading, design, or translation is preferred
Responsibilities and duties:
- Proofreading manga, ads, and other materials prior to publication, and/or designing advertising and images for online and print use
- Assisting the production manager or director of publishing with data entry and checking related to production and sales
- Handling office inventory and tracking vendor invoices
- Other tasks depending on individual strengths and skills
- Hours are flexible and can be tailored to fit your schedule, up to 28 hours per week.
- Familiarity with manga or comics
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Candidates will be required to pass a brief proofreading test.
- Prior experience as a writer, proofreader, copy editor, graphic designer, or fact checker strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of or interest in the Japanese language is an advantage, but not required.
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and/or Illustrator is an advantage, but not required.