Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programs around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in more than 175 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson the world’s leading learning company.
Position Description 1x On call and 1 x on roll position available
The Test Administrator will be responsible for the efficient delivery of tests to candidates. This is achieved by following procedures and guidelines provided by the Company, whilst ensuring the highest standards of customer service are maintained at all times. The individual will also be responsible for the continual enhancement of the brand image.
Working on site with other Test Administrators, the On-call Test Administrator serves candidates directly.
• Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
• Ensure candidates’ needs are met with understanding and respect.
• Understand the testing needs and procedures for every Pearson VUE client and have the capability to adjust approach accordingly.
• Ensure all compliance standards relating to the test centre operation and Pearson VUE stringent security protocols are adhered to.
• Maintain professional relationships with colleagues and candidates.
• Ensure the integrity and security of tests are maintained and that they are supervised to the required standard.
• Comply with all incident reporting and escalation procedures.
• Maintain own competencies in all of the systems and procedures – requesting training as necessary.
• Comply with business needs on a day to day basis.
• Ensure personal responsibility for understanding and delivery of testing following updates and changes to client requirements / testing, as they occur.
• Assist and support business initiatives to maximise centre profitability.
• Perform other administrative tasks as required.
• Perform daily test centre opening and closing procedures.
• Ensure equipment is operational and test stations are in working order to deliver testing.
• Review transmission and error logs in locally operating software to ensure correct functionality (including schedule download and results upload processes).
• Periodic download and review of examinations and test centre schedules.
• Review test schedule and ensure the preparation for candidates (including those with special needs) is made.
• Process candidates’ sign-in (including verification of candidate identity) according to Pearson VUE and client procedures.
• Explain the test process to candidates and deal with other queries as required.
• Print and provide post-test score reports to candidates as required.
• Schedule appointments for possible call-in and/or walk-in candidates as required.
• Liaise with Pearson VUE technical support staff to investigate and resolve technical issues.
• Ensure all hours and leave are recorded and authorised within Company guidelines.
• Help to ensure a clean, professional, quiet testing atmosphere in the centre.
• Ensure all concerns are communicated to the Lead Test Administrator in a timely manner.
• Undertake all accreditations and skills checks as required by the business.
• Support and deliver any events and alternative test delivery processes as defined, both in permanent and temporary locations.
Education and Experience required:
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows applications required
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
• Customer service skills required
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to handle a reasonable amount of stress
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving skills
• Alertness and courage
• Ethics and trust
• Knowledge in operating a computer, fax, and other office equipment
• Annual Pearson Professional Centers certification for Test Administrator required
• Must pass re-certification annually
Be comfortable to work in a quiet testing environment
Be flexible in work timings (Anytime between 8:00am to – 10:00pm on any day of the week).
The schedule will be informed well in advance.