Thailand leading fashion house is looking for a talented designer assistant.
• Responsible for contributing to the design process from conception through production for RTW
• Provide daily support to all members of the design team
• Assist in preparing and documenting presentation boards and work with assistant to create and maintain development planning
• Keep development walls current and updated
• Work with team to prep samples and design room for key milestone meetings
• Provide style, trend analysis (seasonal themes, new design concepts, etc.)
• Help team prepare for development of collection; participate in research and development of seasonal trends and keep up-to-date on current trends.
• Gather relevant materials for inspiration and direction.
• Work with design team to participate in market research, designing, hand sketching, flat sketching, specking, creating tech packs, and ensuring that product is designed to meet target customer’s fit criteria
• Assist in alterations and organization for internal fashion show
• Work with team to select color ways, fabric, and trim.
• Ensure that product is of high quality and consistent with market trends, as well as business strategy.
• Work closely with other teams to ensure a cohesive product line is realized; provide recommendations regarding seasonal themes and embellishment
• Bachelor’s degree or AAS in fashion design or related field required
• 3-5 years experience
• Must be a highly organized self starter who has the ability to operate in a fast paced environment with little instructions • Ability to think on your feet and not get flustered
• Strong organizational skills, time and deadline management and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong computer knowledge, including Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator and strong hand sketching ability
• Thorough knowledge of silhouette, trends, fit, fabrication, color ways, construction techniques, and trims.
• Fabric & Textile experience
• In depth understanding of the brand and ability to translate it into commercial product highly creative with a great sense of style and color
• Diverse set of experience across design categories, as well as strong construction knowledge
• Understanding of high fashion, market trends, design conception and raw materials
• Ability to build positive, collaborative relationships cross functionally