- Q Engineering provides the Oil & Gas Industry with the software it needs to drill wells, buy land, and invest money wisely. Q is currently the only solution that can determine the market value of oil and gas acreage in under 20 minutes. Q has been growing rapidly, we currently have partnered with almost 10% of the industry’s most active Oil & Gas companies.
- Q needs brilliant developers that are capable of developing engineering software that continues to address our client’s needs.
- Development Skills
o Proficient in Python
o Moderate in Java
o Moderate in SQL
o Understanding of Python data-science packages (SciPy, SciKit-learn, Tensorflow, Matplotlib, etc)
- 3- 9 years of experience after receipt of Bachelor’s Degree
- Great written communication skills for updates/status reporting
- Should be proficient in software engineering techniques, software engineering architecture, software engineering lifecycle & data management
- Development – Responsible for programming & software development using various programming languages, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementing software systems.
o Must be able to write software programs using the languages listed above.
o Must be able to unit test software to ensure stability and check desired functionality.
o Must be able to perform direct revision, repair, or expansion of individual work, or other developers work to improve operating efficiency.
o Will focus on writing, maintaining, and debugging software to serve the needs of our customers around economics, data management, data-science, and
- Reporting – Candidates are expected to report their contributions, request information required to meet their objectives, and understand & provide information needed by teams that depend on them.
- Communication – Consult with management, engineering, and other personnel to clarify software intent, identify problems, and suggest changes. Document the program’s design and functionality so other developers can use it.