Senior Visual Designer – China Market – Bangkok – Big Wednesday Digital
Big Wednesday Digital
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful online company that has gone from startup to star and is now part of perhaps the most successful startup group in the world. Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and rewarding user experience. As a global e-commerce leader, they are located in 25 countries and counting. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-class reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to make available the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers. Their website is at the cutting edge of a mobile payment-driven industry.
Senior Visual Designer – China Market – Bangkok
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001545872
Employer Ref. 16TA13G009P07
Senior Visual Designer – China Market – Role Based in Bangkok
Our client seeks a talented Senior Visual Designer to help design a truly exceptional user experience for this global ecommerce company over desktop/web and mobile app mediums.
They are looking for thoughtful, extremely talented designers (and design thinkers) to join their team and help them fundamentally shape the vision of their product. They want you to play a major role in building a design driven culture.
This is what makes this challenge interesting:
This billion-dollar company recognise they have only scratched the surface. They are in the online travel space which is extremely dynamic and competitive. Their aim is to deliver compelling designs that craft a world-class customer experience. This is a key role in defining the future of their products that reaches millions of customers around the globe.
- You are a Senior Visual Designer with a strategic design background and exceptional art skills
- You’re are an excellent communicator, with great presentation and interpersonal skills, you are fluent in Mandarin and have strong proficiency in English
- You have experience creating visual UI systems, being involved in overall creative direction down to icon systems, motion graphics, style guides & specs
- You can start with big ideas, identify product and design opportunities, explore them visually, and distil them into actionable direction
- You can demonstrate your success in designing and delivering compelling products in a high growth, fast paced, rapidly changing environment that delight users
- You’re have a relentless thirst for knowledge, you make sure you know your grid systems, typography, web and mobile interface trends
- Because of your collaborative mindset, you’ll have no issues working with product and engineering teams to ship products
- Visual Designer, UI Designer, Product Designer, or similar role across desktop/web/mobile apps
- You will have built an impressive online portfolio or be able to show your creativity in samples of work that demonstrate your incredibly high standard of design taste – please don’t forget to provide a link to your work.
- Bachelor’s degree in in fine arts, graphic arts, or related design discipline highly desirable
- Fluent in Mandarin and good English
This role won’t be right for you if:
- Your background is only in the print/media or physical product design space
- You are an international applicant with less than two year’s relevant work experience within Visual Design – in this instance you will not qualify for visa sponsorship
- You are unable to show us examples of your previous projects – a link to your online portfolio is a requirement to secure an interview
About our client:
They are one of the fastest growing online hotel booking platforms in Asia, with a global footprint. Despite the success and size of the company, they still operate with a start-up feel; you get to be part of choosing where and what you’re working on, the technologies and how they solve the business concerns.
Based in one of Asia’s most dynamic cities, Bangkok provides a setting like no other: edgy, luxurious, impossibly sensorial, endlessly layered. This role offers the perfect junction of a globally-minded career and the heart of Asian travel. You will learn and expand your skills as a designer by applying your craft at a scale you will not see in lot of companies.
Are you up for the challenge? Then please apply with your CV and a link to your online portfolio.
This position is open to local and international applications, for overseas persons the role comes with a generous relocation package and visa sponsorship, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. They do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.