Today in Southeast Asia, 50% of small & medium businesses (SMEs) don't have access to credit because banks do not make enough profit on small size loans. Over here at Aspire, we aim to fill that massive gap by providing loans to SMEs in the region while also assessing the credit risks of borrowers via our proprietary risk modelling engine, which helps us to disburse loans within 24 hours to applicants. We strongly believe in the future of automation & machine learning and we seek to harness its' potential to help us evaluate the risk of borrowers to its highest degree of accuracy.
Founded in January 2018, we have since raised over US$9 million during our seeding round in early 2018, which includes investors such as Y-Combinator (a US-based seed accelerator that has invested in startups such as Dropbox, Airbnb and Reddit) and Insignia Ventures.
Roles & Responsibilities
At Aspire, we pride ourselves on building an amazing team. We are in need of a Business Development Intern (Thai, English) to join our very talented lineup.
As a Business Development Intern, you will be involved in helping develop scalable processes & grow the company operations in Thailand. The right person takes initiative, likes to learn & deals with integrity. This is a great opportunity for someone wanting to work to make a difference to your community with talented & motivated team members in a diverse, energetic workplace; and a company dedicated to your success, growth and advancement.
The role will be based in Singapore, and your main tasks will include the following:
- Help and guide our Thai customers through the customer life cycle process, from loan application to disbursement. Handle queries from our Thai customers.
- Use your discerning mind to detect and evaluate risks to protect the interest of the company and the customer
- Grow with the team: collect feedbacks from industry partners and market news and work with internal stakeholders to develop/customise our financial products to fit Thailand market.
- Build and conduct surveys to collect feedbacks from customers
- Assess borrowers' risk profile by analysing their financial and credit reports
- Research for more data points that can help to assess an applicant's risk exposure
- Communicate with customers to retrieve any additional data that was not captured by quantitative information
What will you need?
- Studying for or have recently graduated from a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Accounting, Banking, Finance, Economics or Statistics
- Positive attitude and self-driven motivation to learn and upgrade your skills
- Strong interpersonal and…