Our Ascend vision is to create life opportunities with innovative digital services. We are blessed to be operating in ASEAN, where we are able to help one of the world’s largest populations
of underbanked, the people from some of the poorest provinces who are disregarded by traditional banks. So many lives are waiting for our help.
In 2017, we served over 30 million customers in 6 countries (Thailand, Cambodia, Myanmar, Vietnam, Indonesia, Philippines), and processed over 4.5 billion USD. This makes us by far the largest
fintech company in SE Asia, and growing quickly.
As a cloud operations team, you will be helping to bring this vision to reality by leveraging the most modern cloud-native technologies. At Ascend, you will be part of a team who are directly
responsible for improving the lives of millions.
- Provide a reliable, scalable multi-clouds platform (AWS/GCP) that supports our business goals.
- Manage application services in the cloud platform technology (e.g: EC2, ECS, GKE, EKS, etc).
- Manage SaaS platform outside of the cloud platform such as Git repository, Cloudflare and other services related to our cloud architecture.
- Conduct well architecture and system performance reviews.
- Research new technology and Innovate automation to support day to day cloud operation.
- Provide support in knowledge or technical domain to every team with their activity related to cloud platform.
Essential Skills & Prerequisites
- A positive, can-do attitude, who naturally expresses a high degree of empathy to others.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. We are rather more interested in passion for technology and what you are capable of instead of academic qualifications.
- 2 or more years experience in managing Cloud Platform Technologies.
- Experience in building and running mission critical platform setups with high availability, high-scale, and performance systems..
- Experience with container technologies (Docker/LXC) and container orchestration platform such as Openshift/Kubernetes/Mesos/ECS/etc.
- Strong Technical Knowledge and skill of AWS/GCP, other platform is a plus
- Experience with infrastructure as a code (Terraform)
- Experience with developing CI/CD Pipeline.
- Programming and scripting skills, such as Java, Python, Groovy, etc.