Data Engineer (ETL Tools) – Global eCOM leader, Bangkok – Big Wednesday Digital
Big Wednesday Digital
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful online company that has gone from startup to star and is now part of perhaps the most successful startup group in the world. Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and rewarding user experience. As a global e-commerce leader, they are located in 25 countries and counting. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-class reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to make available the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers. Their website is at the cutting edge of a mobile payment-driven industry.
Data Engineer (ETL Tools) – Global eCOM leader, Bangkok
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001622472
Employer Ref. 18TA14G004P04
Our client is the largest and fastest growing online hotel booking platform in Asia and are part of the largest online travel company in the world. They have the dynamism and short chain of command of a start-up and the capital to make things happen.
Working in one of the largest international Internet employers headquartered in Asia, your work has an impact on what they do around the globe. These guys move fast – why wait ages to see your ideas go live? Work on tough challenges, safe in the knowledge that you are surrounded by people as smart as you are (if not smarter!) to help solve them.
What’s stopping you from getting in touch?
- Designs and develop BI Solutions on Big data platform (Hadoop/Vertica) using ETL tools (SSIS or in-house developed ETL), OLAP and dashboard (Tableau)
- Good Experience on Hadoop , Spark , Impala and performance tuning .
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms.
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
- Help other team members expand their knowledge and capabilities in business intelligence/Data warehouse Concept.
- Work very closely with data engineering to develop and implement best practices for data use and handling.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in IT related field
- More than 5 years of experience in Business Intelligence area
- Experience in ETL tools, data warehouse design, data modelling and visualisation
- Must have good English communication and Inter-personal skills
- Good time management and multitasking skills
- An ability to work to deadlines and learn quickly (due to the steep learning curve involved) are essential
- An ability to work well independently and as part of a team
Please note this role is based in Bangkok, Thailand – Full visa sponsorship & relocation assistance available.