Position Summary and Responsibilities
Responsible for Large Projects or significant segment of large complex Projects. Leads team on Large Projects or significant segment of large complex projects. Translates customer requirements into formal agreements and plans to culminate in customer acceptance of results, or have acceptance in the targeted market, while meeting business objectives. Knowledge of the business units mission and processes, specifically CRM or IPD. Responsible for performance, cost, scope, schedule, quality, and appropriate business measurements for their project/segment of the project, according to their project charter. In applicable areas of the business, overall responsibility for revenue and profit objectives of the project. Has professional knowledge of market segment / industry / technology / discipline trends. Recognized for business acumen by the customer set supported.
Under CRM – Works with the client to identify business requirements and develops the proposal. Subsequently leads a team in the initiating, planning, controlling, executing, and closing tasks of a project (or segment of a project) to produce the solution deliverable. Execute a wide range of process activities beginning with the request for proposal through development, test and final delivery. Formulates partnerships between customer, suppliers, and IBM staff to address business windows of opportunity for the IBM corporation.
Under IPD – Provides overall direction to the team in the formulation, development, qualification, and launch delivery of offerings to the market or transitioning of offerings out of the market in response to customer requirements. Responsible for organizing and leading a cross functional team in developing and implementing project deliverables, with an emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Provides
direction to the Product Development Team (PDT) project staff and suppliers.
Global knowledge sharing and management is key to IBM’s success. Individuals will be responsible for the creation, harvesting, protection, and reuse of IBM’s intellectual capital. Individuals will participate actively in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges.
Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
If also performing as an IBM manager, then responsible for discharging basic management responsibilities as assigned.
- Solid consulting experience with ideal work experience with a Tier 1 digital consulting/agency organization
- Understanding of how eCommerce and omni channels technologies/products can be leveraged to enable strategic outcomes
- Experience managing delivery of multi-functional Mobile/eCommerce/Digital Marketing strategy programs to C-Suite and Business Unit leaders and translating the resulting recommendations into successful design and execution programs
- Proven track record & ability to build business relationships & mentoring client
- Strong self-management skills (i.e. is able to focus on the task at hand, manage his/her timing and circle back quickly if he is blocked).
- Strong communication and writing skills (i.e. is able to attend client meetings and speak with clarity, is able to write requirements in clear business terms, etc.)
- Strong process management skills (I.e. Is able to operate under a strict process and identify gaps in process and suggest opportunities to bridge gaps).
- Has a can do attitude and willing to learn.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years experience in managing application development projects in a vendor/client environment
- At least 5 years experience in managing the design, development, testing, and implementing of on-line, internet, or mobile based applications, in particular e-commerce delivery
- Experience in a role functioning as a Scrum Master
- At least 2 year experience in working and leading others in a rapidly changing environment
- Readiness to travel Up to 4 days a week (home on weekends-based on project requirements)
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.