An exciting Data Governance – Deputy Director (x1 vacancy) job is now available in a global company, based in Bangkok. You will be responsible for developing a data governance strategy, designing, developing the Governance practice for given domains and negotiating data sharing relationships and governance processes, and coordinating implementation across operational units.
About the Head of Data Governance Role:
The Data Governance focuses on the mechanics of data governance itself. You will draw on different amounts of executive leadership, data subject-matter expertise, change management, institutional knowledge, policy analysis and research, business strategy, partnerships, and corporate governance.
The salary range for the role is THB 150K – 250K + provident fund + group insurance + bonus.
- Design and implement a holistic data strategy across the organisation
- Ensure the Data Quality Index as set by the Data Governance Committee is complied with and any data issues identified at group level, proper reporting is provided to Data Governance Committee and Law & Regulation
- Instil System Ownership Culture and Data Quality awareness for the group
- Build the governance processes and systems to execute, federate, and adapt data strategy across operational units
- Set operational standards and measurement indicators for data collection, hosting, storage, use, and deletion, at the operational level, in-line with mission, applicable law, and strategy
- Advise management on data policy, evolving industry practice, and emerging opportunities
- Establish governance and ethical standards for data-driven research, product and service development, and customer service
- Procure or adapt the technical tools and product infrastructure to ensure data management is cost-effective and value-added
- Standardise minimum terms and success indicators for data sharing partnerships, vendor relationships, and customer data
- Broker participation in industry and relevant data alliances and networks
- Prioritise core themes and skills for capacity building programs
- Advise, support, and ensure compliance with relevant data laws, industry standards, and emerging best practices
- Monitor and enforce organisational performance against data-specific goals and standards, maximising value, and mitigating risks
To succeed in the Head of Data Governance job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior business development teams, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Over eight years’ relevant experience
- World class knowledge of advanced Data Governance, architecture and quality is essential
- Demonstrated track record of success in delivering Master Data Governance, Governance and Stewardship, and Data Quality programs
- Experience establishing Governance and controls with Previous hands-on experience with industry Governance, design, data quality tools, and reporting tool-sets
- Ability to present publicly as a thought leader
- Proven experience in navigating complex organisations, creative problem solving, and rational experimentation
- At ease in establishing senior-level working relationships and communications
- Ability to…