The postholder is responsible for successfully implementing SGU’s marketing and communications strategy and plans in South Asia, including overseeing all marketing agencies in India, to ensure that SGU’s South Asia recruitment team can meet and exceed their student recruitment targets.
The following section outlines a more detailed, but not exhaustive, description of the duties pertinent to this post.
Key responsibilities and capabilities
- To oversee and manage SGU’s marketing agencies in South Asia (digital marketing, PR, print and distribution);
- To effectively implement South Asia marketing plans and to contribute to the development of India marketing strategy;
- As part of the above, to execute agreed marketing plans & activities for the SGU/Ramaiah partnership program/pathway and the MiniMed summer school at Ramaiah Medical College (RMC);
- Take part in developing marketing plans and pitches for any new partnerships in South Asia that SGU might consider entering, supporting the negotiations through market research and customer insight;
- To liaise with SGU’s South Asia recruitment team and ensure they are well-informed of all planned marketing activities in the country, and to obtain their feedback on the marketing activities planned and delivered;
- To lead on production of South Asia-specific publications and materials, including organising the print and distribution of these materials to SGU’s recruitment team and relevant B2B partners, and ensure all SGU’s microsites in South Asia are up-to-date;
- To develop and manage a monthly India B2B partner newsletters for South Asia to ensure SGU’s agents and school partners are well-informed and have attractive ‘talking points’ to share with their clients;
- To support promotion of information sessions and other recruitment events for SGU’s programs in South Asia;
- To monitor SGU’s perceived competitors in South Asia, online and offline, and to submit actionable recommendations and insights to Director of International Marketing & Communications on a monthly basis;
- To monitor the perceptions, needs, and preferences of SGU’s target markets in South Asia, and report on any changes in these and any new insights on a quarterly basis; this includes overseeing all customer surveys and market research;
- To oversee SGU’s marketing budget for South Asia, ensuring cost efficiency and that the monthly budget stays within the agreed limits, and be responsible for chasing, double-checking, accurately coding, and timely submitting all marketing invoices;
- To build strong relationships…