Big Wednesday Digital
This is a unique opportunity to join a highly successful online company that has gone from startup to star and is now part of perhaps the most successful startup group in the world. Our client believes in delivering truly compelling customer engagement. Their focus is on blending choice, value and convenience to deliver a consistent and rewarding user experience. As a global e-commerce leader, they are located in 25 countries and counting. A multinational team of more than 1,200 professionals, located throughout the world, provides a first-class reservation service in 38 languages that uniquely combines local knowledge and connections to make available the best hotel deals to both business and leisure travellers. Their website is at the cutting edge of a mobile payment-driven industry.
Mobile Apps Development Manager, global eCOM leader – Bangkok
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001646887
Employer Ref. 18TA14G003P05
Our client is looking for world class development managers to lead their mobile app engineering team and bring it to where it belongs: the number one spot. The development manager role is one of the most significant and challenging roles at the company. You should be extremely hands-on, technically excellent and well versed on solid engineering principles as well as exhibit strong leadership and people development skills.
It’s vital to have a love of engineering and a passion for building things. You will be expected to guide and review the team’s work, but at times you also may need to get hands-on and code yourself. You’ll also need to stay in touch with where the industry is going as well as have strong opinions about how systems should be engineered and maintained. Our client believes in full stack engineering so you must have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client-side (iOS and Android), back-end, performance, data and others.
As a technology company, they keep up with the latest ideas and innovations and make key decisions on when to adopt, when to follow and when to innovate. Previous experience of making the right choices will be crucial as you will be responsible for the technical direction of their fastest growing asset: the company mobile app.
Despite their investment and belief in technology, people are still their greatest asset. The right candidate will have a keen interest in developing people: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential. Being able to recruit other A-players and integrating them into the business will also be important.
- Extremely proficient in an object orientated language (Objective-C, Swift, Java, Kotlin, C#)
- Extremely proficient in modern coding practices (dependency injection, reactive programming, MVVM, design patterns)
- Extremely proficient in mobile platforms SDK (iOS, Android)
- Proficient in back-end development (MVC, REST API, data retrieval)
- Proficient in mobile OSs (memory management, context switching, threading)
- Extremely proficient in automatic testing (specta, jUnit, appium)
- Good understanding of Internet technologies (HTTP, SSL, TCP)
- Passionate about technology and mobile apps
- Experience working in a successful agile development team
- Able to take full responsibility for the product – from early planning stages to deployment and maintenance.
- Inspirational leadership – know what will make your engineers go the extra mile
- Previous experience managing engineering teams of at least 6 people
If you feel you are the right person to take our client to the next level then get in touch! Send us your CV today.
This job is based in Bangkok and would require you to join the Bangkok office. Both local and international applications for this role are welcome. Full visa sponsorship and relocation assistance available.