Senior Systems Engineer / Cloud Specialist – BSD Code & Design Academy Thailand
BSD Code & Design Academy Thailand
BSD are a cutting-edge academy focused on providing technology education in Asia and the US. We are on a mission to make the learning and understanding of code and design accessible and at the forefront of education globally.
Our systems and products team in Bangkok is hiring. This is a great opportunity to help build innovative new products and solutions in the field of technology education.
Senior Systems Engineer / Cloud Specialist
jobsDB Ref. JTH300003001339529
This is a full-time development role This role is senior and will involve some leadership as the team grows.
We’re building complex web applications to teach code and design. You will be directly involved in designing and building the cloud infrastructure on Amazon Web Services to support this education platform. This is no IT support role – it’s a hands-on architecting role working closely with the development team.
Role: Senior Systems Engineer / Cloud Specialist
Salary range: up to 100,000 Baht negotiable
- At least 3 years experience in working with Linux operating systems and IT infrastructure.
- Experience with the Amazon Web Services (AWS) ecosystem. Experience with some of the following (though not necessarily all) is required: Route 53, S3, EC2, RDS, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation, CloudFront, load balancing, auto-scaling, EMR, IAM, API Gateway, Kinesis.
- AWS certifications are a major plus.
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals, HTTP, IP and related services (DNS, VPN, firewalls, etc.) and security.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in relevant subject.
- Smart, self‐motivated, fast learner, detail-oriented, team player.
- Would be nice: Node.js, git, Apache Hadoop / Storm / Spark
- Designing and implementing new cloud infrastructure deployments in AWS
- Maintaining, improving and monitoring the existing infrastructure with respect to backups, security and failures
- Analyse, troubleshoot and resolve cloud infrastructure problems
- Assist development team with continuous integration and deployment
- Integrating 3rd party systems and services into our infrastructure
- Contingency testing and building resiliency
- Assist with hiring systems engineers
- Competitive salary
- Medical insurance
- 15 days holiday + Thai national holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Provident fund
BSD Code and Design Academy
26/46-47 Orakarn Building, 12A Floor, Chit Lom Alley,
Lumphini, Pathum Wan, Bangkok, Thailand 10330