Travel writer for a popular website (Malaysia based – writing Indonesia-Thailand travel stories) job at TripCanvas Malaysia
We are one of the fastest growing online travel magazine writing about Indonesia, currently focusing on unique Indonesia travel guides (https://indonesia.tripcanvas.co) that would inspire people rethink about traveling in Indonesia.
Since our debut in July 2014, we have a steady traffic growth to now over 1 million visits each month on our website. In addition, we have an active and highly engaged Facebook community of 40,000 and counting. Majority of our readers are from Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia.
Our mission is to serve the travellers and the travel industry. Although we are focusing on Indonesia, we adopt a global mindset and focus on scalability. With the depth of knowledge we have about travellers, we launched our Thailand site (https://thailand.tripcanvas.co) last month and have since attracted over 100,000 readers.
Driven by a team of travel passionate writers and editors, we’ve been curating and creating travel stories about Bali, Bandung, Jogja (and many more destinations coming up) that you’d seldom hear from anywhere else. We pride ourselves as experts in creating engaging content that gets people talking and sharing all over the web.
Our slogan, “Not Your Usual Travel Guide” explains very well what we stood for to uniquely create travel content that would inspire people in an unconventional yet powerful way.
The team at TripCanvas has solid track records of past success and badass skills like SEO, sales, marketing etc and tremendous travel industry insights that will help propel the business to a greater heights.
The key things that binds us are these –
We LOVE travelling!
We are not afraid of failures, and we are here to learn.
We are very open individuals.
We’re here to build a kickass company based on hard work and creativity.
Most importantly, we have fun doing this!
1. Research on travellers behavior and uncover hidden needs, thereby finding successful story angles.
2. Identify successful content and influencers on social media. Study what works and what doesn’t.
3. Researching for new story ideas on a daily basis, but no worries if you have any trouble with generating new ideas, as we will guide you along the way.
4. Produce and edit stories according to our best practices, including crafting engaging headlines, sourcing for good photos/videos
5. Identify different ways to tell stories, i.e. album post, videos, infographics etc.
1. You must love travelling and be enthusiastic about sharing with people.
2. You must have been to Indonesia or Thailand before and know the travel landscape well, so that you can give us more insights and…