As a Creative & Design Intern, a typical day might include: • Work closely with…
HotelQuickly (HQ) is Asia’s #1 mobile app for same-day hotel booking – with great last-minute discounts. The company was set up by experienced international team comprising of serial entrepreneurs and investors. Offers are managed by hotels, enabling real-time capacity optimization. HQ launched across Asia in March 2013 with presence in 12 countries and local teams set in Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore, Taiwan, Indonesia, Australia and Malaysia and has received some great initial attention by the press.
You would be working as the sole UX/UI designer with full autonomy to put your creativity into the HotelQuickly app following our brand guidelines. You will report directly to the Head of Mobile and be expected to :
- Design and implement visual identity in accordance to HotelQuickly's values and target audience
- Work closely with local marketing managers to design promotional materials such as banners, flyers and campaign artwork for our markets across Asia Pacific.
- Follow UX design patterns that are platform specific (we have an iOS and Android app)
- Create wireframes like a boss
- Back up your ideas with data (we use Amplitude to capture many, many data points about our users behaviour within the app)
- Help perform post-feature-release analysis, with our Business Analyst, to prove the effectiveness/success of a feature
- Know how to do 'sexy'
- Be ready to back up your UX/UI when its criticised. We all have an opinion, can you handle that?
- Have a good standard of both written and spoken English
We're looking for a designer with a fresh, contemporary view on UI, but does this without messing up UX. We want a good balance and think having a person who can do with UX and UI is key. You would be a part of a team creating a world-class application and creatively contribute to ongoing development. You must have previous experience of UX/UI of mobile apps, this is essential.
**Show us what you've got: please add a link to your portfolio in your application!